Announcing the Kerala Kitchen Event - Feb 2012




Hello Everybody,
I am glad to welcome you to the Kerala Kitchen, hosted by me for the month of February 2012.
Kerala Kitchen…. The kitchen of God’s Own Country is an event / blog space started by Rose and Ria where you can prepare and post traditional or contemporary or Kerala inspired recipes by using vegetables or non vegetarian ingredients and lure your readers with those luscious luxurious or simply healthy and tasty food that would make everybody crave for it.
The recipe could be traditional breakfast recipes like velleppam, idiyappam, puttu, stews, egg roast or kappa or a curry for lunch like fish curry, beef curries, thoran (veg stir fried with coconut) or a mezhukkutpuratti (stir fried veggie), or prawn recipes and gravies like pulissery, erissery or pachadi or aviyal, egg curry and desserts like payasam or snacks like achappam, kuzhalappam, vattayappam, neiyyappam or unniyappam or a pazhampori.

The contemporary recipe may include Kerala inspired ingredients in a recipe like coconut cake, coconut cookies, coconut & banana pancake, banana fritters, baked fish or a grilled pork, wheat payasam in a pressure cooker or colocasia curry or chips or a yam cutlet.

You may contact me if you find it difficult to choose a recipe or an ingredient to cook with.

Now the rules

It is simple. Anyone can participate in the event and post as many recipes as you wish! You are not restricted from sending your entries to any other contests.

Simply cook a dish that is inspired by Kerala. and post it on your blog anytime between the 1st and 29th of February and link it to my announcement page and to the Kerala Kitchen page.

Please send new entries or repost old entries (pls restrict reposts to just 5)

Email the following details to roshanscucina@gmail.com with the subject line Kerala Kitchen.

• Your Name
• Blog Name/URL
• Recipe Name
• Recipe URL
• Photograph

So come one every body lets celebrate the taste & tales of Kerala!

20 comments:

  1. Happy Hosting! Will send in my entries

    ReplyDelete
  2. will send the entries from tomorrow.....happy hosting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice event dear, will be sending in my entries..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great event to start the month, will surely sent in my entries. Happy Hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. will send my entries soon


    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hosting!!Will surely send in my entries..

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy hosting...will send my entries soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey r8 event will surely sent in my entry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gr8 event Roshan,will try to participate n Happy Hosting

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice event... will send my entries soon..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy hosting ,, will send some entry

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice event! LOve to send my entries soon! Do chck out my blog and events!
    CC - Spices of Andhra
    Lock Lock Series 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Hosting! just now I sent my entry.nice event.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! gr8 concept...stumbled upon Kerala Kitchen and looking forward to share my Kerala recipes with you guys :)

    I have linked one for Feb - Bittergourd Theeyal. Do I have to mail this to you or just having a back-link to Kerala Kitchen is enough to be part of this event...not sure as it is my first time :) Do let me know...

    ReplyDelete

Try it and let me know if you wanted to make some changes or if you made some changes and share the idea!

Spicy Brinjal and Potato Stir Fry

Brinjal is one of my favourite vegetables. Growing up in the hillstation Valparai we had our own patch of vegetable garden and we use...